- Business Development
- C (Programming Language)
- Team Management
Regional Manager, P&C Bancassurance (Existing Partnerships)
Location: HONG KONG
Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of this job is to drive the growth and performance of the overall Regional Existing Partnerships P&C Bancassurance Portfolio for Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Malaysia, Philippines, India and Indonesia.
- Business Growth – Achieve the Strat Plan of a GWP and an Underlying Earnings Margin of >10%. Achieve Plan with Strategic Bank Partnerships in all the countries in Asia. Achieve Penetration Ratio of the existing partnerships.
- Bancassurance Excellence – Apply the P&C Bancassurance Maturity Model to each Business and ensure that all in-scope Entities are improving their scores across the identified Maturity Model Components. Implement the P&C Bancassurance Competency Assessment Framework and identify Training Gaps and Create Training Programmes, to uplift the performance of all staff interacting with Banks Partnerships.
- Strategic Planning & Direction – Manage the Strat Plan Cycle for each Business, each year and ensure alignment of and commitment to, the agreed Strat Plans at the Country & Regional Level. Identify Growth Opportunities over and above the Strat Plan Targets.
- Domain Expertise – Be the ‘Go To’ person for Bancassurance Business developments for internal AXA staff, but also for external Bank staff. Be the Subject Matter Expert for all Bancassurance business development topics. Develop Campaigns and propositions which can be repeated with multiple banks partners of AXA. Customer Centricity to be the DNA for AXA successful Bank Partnerships.
- Commercial and Financial Acumen – Manage the Financial Value of the Bancassurance Portfolio and ensure an Underlying Earnings Margin Target of >10% is achieved. Understand the Financial Drivers of the Global/Regional Deals and ensure that the returns identified in the AXA Valuation are achieved.
- Team Leadership – Build a Transversal Team of recognised P&C Bancassurance Experts for Bancassurance business, to drive success and progress in the P&C Bancassurance Portfolio and to also ensure the growth/earnings targets are achieved, in conjunction with the Country CEOs. Build a Transversal Talent pool of Bancassurance expertise. Develop Cross Sell, Upsell and other success stories Regional & local to make AXA Asia the best in execution of partnerships joint objectives.
- Digital and Data Analytics Leader – Build a clear, coherent and disruptive Digital Strategy for Bancassurance Lifestyle Business. Maintain existing Market Leadership in Digital and ensure that Joint Digital Strategies are agreed in all Strategic Bank Partnerships. Ensure that GTOM is fully utilised and that SWAPs/APIs are also in place. Ensure that Strategic Partners fully understands and agrees with the AXA Digital Strategy & Approach.
- Performance Culture – Drive a strong, High Performance Culture, across all levels of the Bank/AXA organisations
Qualifications & Experience
• Strong P&C Bancassurance Expert with at least 15+ years of P&C Bancassurance distribution experience with at least 10 years at a senior distribution level, dealing with Global/Regional Banks.
• Strategic Business Leader with a broad vision and ability to drive and execute region-wide strategies, initiatives, campaigns and standards, across the P&C Bancassurance countries in Asia.
• Domain Expert with an in-depth experience in the insurance sector. A strong track record of successfully sales & marketing in Regional & Transformational Bank Deals. A recognisable and visible Expert known to Major Banks and to maintain an excellent Industry Profile.
• Strong Influencer capable of building credibility, partnering with, and influencing Entity CEOs/ CDOs and Management teams plus Bank Regional & Global Executive. Must have a credible track record of business development and retaining Regional and Transformational Bank Deals.
• World Class Communicator – required to communicate at the highest levels within AXA Group and to also communicate at the Board Level of Banks.
• Advanced Inter Personal Skills and sociable, engaging and outgoing, with strong self-awareness and high EQ.
• High agility & adaptability
• High achievement & results orientation
• Digital Leader with advanced awareness of Web/Mobile & ATM capabilities to be able to agree Digital Strategies with HSBC Globally/Regionally. Needs an innate understanding of HSBC’s Digital Strategy.
• Data & Data Analytics with advanced awareness of Banks and AXA data sharing can be utilized to provide benefits in to customer in value, product features, cost, and savings. Advanced understanding of using propensity models for business development, retention, improving sales, improving profitability, and differentiated pricing.
• Education: Ideally MBA or Finance Degree – must be able to understand and drive the Financial Valuations of the Bank deal.
• Asia Bancassurance Capability with a track record of working with Local/Regional Banks and to demonstrate an ability to achieve success across multiple Regions. Existing Bank Relationship Management is a critical part of the Role.