Project Manager - Regional Finance, AXA Asia Regional Office (1-year contract)
Location: HONG KONG
- Manage all assigned initiatives and projects to Quality, Time and Cost (QTC) criteria.
- Coordinate with Project Sponsors, Project Director, Project Manager and work stream leaders, submit relevant project reports required for the Project Review Committee (PRC), Bi-weekly project update report, manage PMO activities and direct project work streams and meetings.
- Driving the Work-stream leads to provide correct inputs for planning, budgeting, reporting etc. And all other necessary information to achieve the QTC targets. (eg. timesheets and validation etc.)
- Assisting the PD in all decision making tasks.
- Preparing/updating powerpoint slides, word documents and spreadsheets to support decision making.
- Understand critical project success factors, delivery methods and identify areas of variance and impact for rectification.
- Have experience ideally with Insurance industry related MIS & Finance reporting initiatives
- Able to drive regional MIS/Technology project with diverse participants across the AXA geography and able to drive deliverables and timelines in alignment with sen. Stakeholder expectations
- Understands critical concepts of Financial information and reporting, dimensions and data models in ledgers and other Financial information sources
- Can manage initiatives across regional entities and diverse stakeholders and project communities (eg. Local entity finance communities participating in deliverables etc.)
- Able to grasp complex relationships of local reporting needs, statutory and regulatory needs vs. regional compliance reporting needs and effect changes with minimal local impact.
- Strong experience and familiarity with complex Finance Data Mart projects is a key criteria. Familiarity with technologies like QlikView, SAS, Infor and respective staging technology and how to drive such initiatives successfully are ideal experience criteria to differentiate the successful candidate.
Experience / Qualifications:
- University degree in Computer Science or related fields. Financial services experience (preferred)
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably some experience in running complex Financial Services industry related projects or within a PMO office environment.
- Understanding of Project Management, Software Development Life Cycle is desired
- Strong organization and people skills. Able to chase/follow-up with people for information on-time and mult-task
- Fluent in spoken and written English / fluency in Cantonese not essential but would be favourable.
- Broad knowledge of project management essential
Skills (technology skills to be included):
Sound knowledge of Excel, Word & Powerpoint
Lotus Notes Database and MS Sharepoint
Familiarity with Financial Data Sources, flow and confluence in insurance context
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
- SAS (Statistical Software)
- Software Development