- Legal Advice
- Legal Documentation
- OTC Structured Products
Senior Lawyer, Markets
An exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as a Markets Lawyer within our Markets Legal team in Asia.
- Role can be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore
- Reports to the Head of Legal, Markets Asia
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional goals
About the role
As a Markets Lawyer, you will be responsible for providing transactional, advisory, and regulatory support to the Markets business in Asia and within the Institutional Banking division. You will provide the business with strategic and excellent legal advice with a focus on being pro-active, efficient and on 'adding value'. Key to your role is ensuring that the business is aware of the legal risks in their transactions and that business needs, the priority of negotiations, and that the overall commercial context of transactions are taken into account when providing documentation services.
You will also ensure compliance with relevant processes, policies and procedures, and contribute to simplification and increased efficiency of the markets documentation processes. As a key member of the Markets Legal Team, you will also work in close collaboration with other members of the team to provide seamless transactional and advisory support to the Business. As a valued member of the bank, you will also uphold ANZ’s values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Proven experience in negotiating and advising on markets products across FX, Rates, Credit, and Equities
- Prior experience in drafting and negotiating Over-the-Counter (OTC) markets documentation
- (including ISDAs, CSAs and GMRAs and note documentation)
- Strong understanding of the financial markets environment, relevant markets documentation, compliance and risk issues and products
- Proficiency in Mandarin (ability to read and draft documentation in Mandarin as well as interact
- with stakeholders)
- Familiarity with key PRC (People’s Republic of China) law issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels including senior management
- Confidence in providing accurate and effective legal documentation advice to all relevant internal stakeholders
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
ANZ Hong Kong is proud to share that we received the Outstanding Deposits Service Banking Award 2015 from CAPITAL magazine as well as the Best in Class in Customer Commitment & Engagement 2015 and Customer Insight 2015 awards from BENCHMARK magazine to recognise our pursuit of excellence. At ANZ, we embrace diversity and inclusion and empower our employees to innovate, collaborate and make a difference together.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We also offer flexible working options catered towards employee and business needs.
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
Watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK__FGv4dNU).
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference HON002149.
|Career Level||Junior (less than 3 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|