- Bill Payment
- Credit Analysis
- Team Management
Working Capital Manager – International Law Firm
Location: Hong Kong
Our client is a leading international law firm with many years of history in Asia. Currently, they are looking for a high caliber Working Capital professional to join the regional finance team. This role is responsible for revenue and credit control functions across a number of regional offices and supports 40 partners. You will report to the Head of Finance and lead a team of 4 staff.
Debt Collections and WIP management:
- Meeting regularly with partners and senior internal stakeholders, and working within a specific approach and structured plans to achieve targets.
- Chasing of debts and handling disputes, as well as seeking continuous improvements across the function are also key activities.
- Review and monitor the WIP of each Partner and strive for timely billings.
- Coordination of all Asia billers to ensure timely and accurate issuance of all bills, and be the key local contact point for e-billing to make sure all issues are followed through promptly.
- Advising partners on all billing-related queries (rates, tax, currency and banking issue, etc.) will also be required.
Reporting & Compliance:
- Prepare and present monthly reports to Management of the key performance indicators on billing, debt and WIP for the region.
- Ensure client money is maintained in accordance with the relevant legislative authorities and the law society.
- Support the month-end closing & group annual audit, focusing on AR and WIP related areas, together with the preparation of monthly cash forecasts including customer collection
Working closely with the Head of Finance, there will be a need to have effective and sensitive communication with Partners and secretaries across the region.
Suitable candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 8 years in professional services sector, with at least three years of experience in a supervisory/managerial role in a sizeable firm.
- Previous experience within a law firm would be an advantage but not necessary, as would be working knowledge of PRC collection issues.
- Sound knowledge of collection tactics and working with credit control processes
- Previous experience in a team leadership capacity is a must
- Polished communication skills, with an excellent command of Chinese and English
- Experience in using Elite a distinct advantage
To apply for the above position, please send your udpated resume in WORD format to [email redacted, apply via Jobable] or contact Amy Kwok on +852 2920 9115 for further information.