- Bill Payment
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
6-month contract Working Capital Manager/Advisor
Location: Hong Kong
Our client is one of the Magic Circle firms. They are seeking for an experienced working capital professional to join their Hong Kong office in order to cover for a six months maternity leave contract.
Reporting to the Head of Working Capital, you will be assisting in managing all aspects of Working Capital for the Hong Kong office.You will be working alongside with the Working Capital Managers and Working Capital Billing Assistants.The role involves monthly meeting with Partners of the firm to discuss and understand their personal portfolios of Work In Progress and Debtors.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Ensure timely and efficient billing of matters to clients to include disbursements in line with agreed approach in engagement letter
- As a result of the above, a significant level of bill preparation is required within the role and at times there will be tight deadlines to meet
- Where necessary to ensure any tidying up of non-recoverable value of time on matters that is performed efficiently – this will involve write off of non-billable value of time on matters where this cannot be billed and of residues of value of time
- Ensure that on matters where we cannot bill 100% of the value of time, the final recoverable value of time is understood and adequate provisioning is made to reflect final best estimate recovery rate position
DEBTORS – once we have billed the WIP, it becomes a bill due from the client
- Assist Partners to ensure we are paid as efficiently as possible. This may involve calling clients, corresponding to clients and ensuring proactive following up of responses process
- Ensure tidying up of any residues of debt
- Ensure whenever a bill is not paid, the position is understood and adequate provisioning is made to reflect final best estimate debt recovery position.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally you will have experience in Working Capital at a senior level (minimum 5 years’ experience) in a professional services environment or preferably a law firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication ability to acquire good relationships with Partners, Associates, Secretaries, the Working Capital Team and other Business Services employees. You will also be communicating with other offices within our global network.
- A proactive approach is required to assist a large number of Partners to manage significant portfolios.
- A quick adaptability to our internal accounting systems, our clients’ specific electronic billing requirements and strong in Microsoft Excel and Word are preferable
- Excellent level of English
- Chinese language skills is preferred but not essential
To appyl for the above position, please send your updated resume to [email redacted, apply via Jobable] or contact Amy on +852 2920 9115 for further information.