- Business Plans
- Data Centre
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Financial Planning
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Relationship Management
Senior Manager, Voice & Network Management
Location: Hong Kong, HK
With respect to Voice & Network Management
- Ensures IT service availability and minimises the AIA’s business impact of IT service outages through the effective management and governance of the network, infrastructure and data centre outsourcing arrangements
- Contributes to the improvement of user satisfaction with IT services by ensuring that the network, infrastructure and data centre outsourcing arrangements remain aligned with business needs and priorities and fit for purpose.
- Improves the overall technical performance of AIA’s Voice & Network Services as measured by the Technology related KPIs and SLAs (utilisation, availability, response times etc.) year on year
- Ensures the realisation of the outsourcing objectives of reduced risk, enhanced flexibility, enhanced transparency and cost efficiency through the effective outsourced network, infrastructure and data centre services.
AIA’s Voice and Network Strategy, Policies, Processes & Standards-
- Owns the AIA Voice and Network Strategy, Policies, Processes and Standards at the enterprise level on behalf of the AIA Group.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective life-cycle management of the AIA Voice and Network Strategy, Policies, Processes and Standards
- Responsible for ensuring that the AIA Voice and Network Strategy, Policies, Processes and Standards remain fit for purpose and meet AIA business needs.
Voice and Network Management operations-
- Leads the Voice and Network Management operations function, providing leadership and direction to the virtual teams.
- Ensures that the Voice and Network Management function across AIA is properly resourced with a sufficient number of skilled staff to carry out the functional activities appropriately and effectively.
- Monitors and reports on the productivity and efficient allocation of functional resources.
- Owns the development and implementation of the Voice and Network Business Plans.
- Owns the relevant aspects of the IT service catalogue content relating to the Voice and Network services and ensures the IT services catalogue content is kept up to date and accurate.
- Participates in the evaluation and acceptance of deliverables and project outputs based on acceptance criteria, best practice and technology standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the specification of AIA’s business requirements, performance levels and the scoping of Voice and Network initiatives, changes and service requests.
- Reviews Voice and Network solution proposals and provides subject matter input, advice and feedback.
- Provides subject matter expertise as input into the service continuity and disaster recovery solutions development, implementation and testing.
- Ensures the relevant functional services are delivered in accordance with contractual or agreed service levels and Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitors delivery progress against targets, reporting as necessary and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to address exceptions and variations.
- Ensures that the Group defined financial controls and routine management practices are complied with in the operations of the Voice and Network Management functional area.
- Budget responsibility- Monitors and manages IT expenditure within the Voice and Network Management function, ensuring that related IT financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure may exceed agreed tolerances
- Responsibe for Financial planning and forecasting for the function
- Monitors and reports financial performance for the function as required.
- Works with Suppliers and partner organisations to offer Voice and Network solution leadership, solution design and assurance services as needed / requested.
- Works with AIA Business Units, Suppliers and partner organisations to ensure Voice and Network solutions deployed across AIA are fit for purpose and implemented effectively.
- Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services, and participates in the scoping of service improvement initiatives.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Works with AIA Business Units to understand how the Voice and Network solutions deployed across AIA are exploited for business value.
- Monitors the IT market place (independently or via Suppliers and partner organisations) to identify new Technology innovations and developments and assessing if these could be usefully deployed/exploited within AIA to deliver business benefit.
- Initiates improvements in functional area and evaluated ideas for innovations and improvements from all sources.
- Develop, maintain and communicate the Voice and Network Innovations Strategy.
- Promotes an innovation culture within the Voice and Network Management function so the team is always looking for ways to innovate and exploit new technologies to enhance business value and to mitigate risk profiles.
- Develop and maintain the innovations roadmap and long-range business plan for Voice and Network Services
- Champion for the deployment of best practice across the Voice and Network Management functional area.
Quality, Compliance and Assurance
- Ensures that AIA, Suppliers and partner organisations comply and adhere with industry standards and best practice in the functional area.
- Ensure that Voice and Network solution designs are implementable and cost effective for AIA.
- Provides a quality assurance for the Voice and Network functional area.
- Champion for compliance, quality and assurance for functional area.
Communication and Stakeholder Management-
- Proactively communicates and presents Voice and Network solutions information to stakeholders in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Provides Voice and Network solutions related advice and guidance to AIA stakeholders
- Ensures that stakeholders understand the current and proposed Voice and Network solutions and how these can be exploited for business value.
Supplier Relationship & Commercial Management-
- Acts as the focal point of contact for Suppliers regarding Voice and Network services
- Negotiates with Suppliers at senior level on Voice and Network solution related issues.
- Actively participates in the Governance and Relationship management of the Management Infrastructure, Management Network and Management Data Centre services , helping to ensure AIA business case and technology solution related objectives are realised.
- 15 + years of relevant experience in which at least 3-5 years in managerial position with regional coverage;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in project management and/or technical research will be a plus;
- Hands on experience on network design which includes system integration;
- Experience in work with and monitor suppliers’ performance in a outsourced environment,
- An equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience.
- Degree Holder of Unviersity on Information Technology or related discipline
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification or higher
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification, ITIL Practitioner Level|