- Data Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
Senior Manager, Underwriting Innovation
Location: Hong Kong, HK
AIA is an established leader in new business operations and underwriting automation in Asia and has a vision to build on this reputation through developing advanced and innovative capabilities to manage underwriting risk and deliver the best new business service for our customers, partners and distributors.
This exciting new role will:
- Drive the development and approval of a future underwriting strategy in our top markets
- Realise the full value of our data to increase VONB and margin and reduce unit cost
- Enable #1 ranked customer feedback score for new business & underwriting
- Leverage the potential of internal and external data, machine learning, predictive analytics and AI/cognitive to transform the way we underwrite our customers, enabling fully automated digital instant issuance
- Ensure minimum operating standards for underwriting data and how it can be linked to claims, experience and wellness customer data.
- Support the achievement of the Group Operations New Business strategic vision.
Future underwriting strategy
- Working with our Operations, Product, Pricing and Risk teams, develop a strategy on how to radically transform the new business and underwriting process to:
- Simplify our customer onboarding experience
- Manage underwriting risk
- Optimise the new business operating model to reduce costs
- Pre-underwrite new and existing customers
- Be responsive to claims experience
- Working with our Digital & Innovation, Technology and other business teams, identify how data and insuretech can be leveraged to deliver the strategy.
- Actively manage the execution of the strategy in the pilot business unit and subsequent markets.
- Propose a target operating model for local business units and any shared service capability to deliver the strategy, covering process, technology and people.
- Develop an underwriting data model for implementation by business units
- Ensure the model is aligned to other AIA and external data such as claims, wellness and experience
- Collaborate with technology and other data-owning functions to ensure the full customer data lifecycle is available.
- Influence and deliver presentations to ExCo level stakeholders at Group and in local business units.
- Working within the Group Operations empowerment framework, negotiate with local business units to ensure successful delivery of the strategy including proof of concept, business case approval and execution support.
- Establish strong relationship with other relevant group functions
- Establish and manage relationship with third party vendors, reinsurers and business partners to bring value to AIA whilst evolving our own internal self-sufficiency.
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline
- 5 years demonstrated experience in underwriting.
- Experience in new business & underwriting transformation.
- Experience in data-driven approaches, predictive underwriting and behavioural science would be highly regarded.
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of project management delivery / office disciplines
- Strong demonstrated relationship building and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Fluency in English is preferred
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|