- Customer Service
- Data Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
Senior Manager, Underwriting Innovation
Location: Hong Kong, HK
AIA is an established leader in new business operations and underwriting automation in Asia and has a vision to build on this reputation through developing advanced capabilities in the use of data, predictive modelling and artificial intelligence to manage underwriting risk and deliver the best new business service for our customers, partners and distributors.
This exciting new role will:
- Drive the development and approval of a data-driven underwriting strategy in our top markets
- Realise the full value of our data to increase VONB and margin and reduce unit cost
- Enable #1 ranked customer feedback score for new business & underwriting
- Leverage the potential of internal and external data, machine learning, predictive analytics and AI/cognitive to transform the way we underwrite our customers, enabling fully automated digital instant issuance
- Ensure minimum operating standards for underwriting data and how it can be linked to claims, experience and wellness customer data.
- Support the achievement of the Group Operations New Business strategic vision.
Data-driven underwriting strategy
- Develop a strategy on how to effectively use data in the new business and underwriting process to:
- Manage underwriting risk
- Pre-underwrite new and existing customers
- Be responsive to claims experience
- Enhance our customer experience
- Optimise the new business operating model to reduce costs
- Working with our Digital & Innovation team and business units, identify how machine learning, NLP, chatbots and AI/cognitive can be used in the short and longer term to:
- Augment our existing sales and new business process
- Enhance the performance of our underwriting automation solution
- Develop a future underwriting decision-making cognitive capability
- Develop an underwriting data model for implementation by business units
- Ensure the model is aligned to other AIA and external data such as claims, wellness and experience
- Collaborate with technology and other data-owning functions to ensure the full customer data lifecycle is available.
- Bachelor Degree in a related numerate discipline
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated experience predictive analytics/underwriting, data modelling, machine learning and related technologies.
- Experience and understanding of the new business and underwriting process.
- An actuarial background would be highly regarded.
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of project management delivery / office disciplines
- Strong demonstrated relationship building and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and a sound knowledge of SQL or other analytical tools
- Fluency in English is preferred
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|