- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Life Insurance
Senior Manager / Manager, Underwriting & Issue
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Monitors and manages underwriting processes and issues. Ensures the underwriting teams in HK and SSM work smoothly and effectively. Reviews and recommends the current workflow and system to ensure consistency of underwriting decisions are in compliance to the company’s operation rules in achieve quality business.
- Monitors and manages the productivity, quality and efficiency of the team by reviewing the productivity report, reissue, audits in order to ensure consistency and accuracy of the output.
- Underwrites large amounts and complicated new business application within agreed turnaround time and reviews suggest cases from underwriters in order to ensure the underwriting decision complied with company’s rules and guidelines.
- Liaises with IT and OBS for system enhancement to enhance the system automation and develops sufficient validation rules in order to improve the efficiency on underwriting and minimize the manual works.
- Organises and conducts training to staff in Underwriting, POS, Claims, Operations Service Centres, SSM and agency force, etc in order to support development and enhance competency levels & performance.
- Handles DD meeting, email & telephone enquiries from agencies and internal departments like Cashier, Call Centre, Operations Service Centres, Customer Service Department and Agency Business Development Department, etc and follow up appeal cases with fair and just but flexible approaches in order to deliver quality customer service.
- University / College graduate plus 6-8 years experience with at least 3 years in supervisory level OR
- Form 5 graduate plus 8-10 years related experience
- Underwriting knowledge in a life insurance company
- Problem solving and communication skills to effectively underwriting risks to underwriters and other touch points
- Good leadership and team building skills
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|