You may also like
VP , Team Head Regulatory Reporting - Top Tier Large Stable Bank
Accounting Manager (3-6 months may go perm), 60k max
Senior Manager – Finance (Station in Shenyang/ Dalian)
Hang Lung Properties
Deputy Manager – Trade Finance
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
Accounting Manager, Commercial Bank, 1263
- Asset Management
- Business Intelligence
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Risk
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Internal Control
- Management Reporting
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Regulatory Reporting
Senior Manager, Finance (Investment Team)
Location: Hong Kong, HK
This position is accountable for the provision of financial, management & regulatory reporting and analysis in accordance to the applicable accounting and regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Additionally, he/she is responsible to assist to manage the financial risks.
Roles and Responsibilities
Finance Governance and Control
- Perform final review of monthly management accounts and financial position as well as regulatory returns to be in accordance to the applicable accounting and regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Also responsible to assist for the preparation of the board memo in approving these deliverables.
- Assist to monitor and ensure compliance with the capital requirements under the relevant regulations.
- Responsible to develop and update Business Process Manuals (BPM) relating to the Finance Department according to ICFR and other internal control requirements. To provide assistance as the coordinator of ICFR and ensuring BPM for other divisions are in place accordingly.
- Responsible to develop finance related policies such as Expense Policy, Travel & Entertainment Policy, Forex Policy etc with reference to the Group guidelines.
- Assist in tracking and managing financial risks and contingencies.
Financial, Management & Regulatory Reporting
- Ensure finance operations activities such as recording of transactions and payments, and the related reports including regulatory reporting and audited accounts are completed by Group Financial Solutions (GFS) on a timely basis and in accordance to the applicable accounting and regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Perform final review on GFS outputs and be accountable for all the deliverables. Monitor GFS service levels/KPI monthly.
- Prepare the relevant analysis and business information to support strategy delivery and also financial risk management
- Establish a framework to automate the delivery of scheduled financial reports to the extent possible
- Review of tax returns & other correspondence to/with IRD and provide assistance for tax optimization and liaison with Group Tax.
- Assist in designing and delivering monthly management reports.
Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the budget, capital plan and strategic plan to ensure timely, reliable and realistic forecasts
- Assist in reviewing performance against plan, and provide the Board and management with a clear analysis of variances
Capital Monitoring and Management
- Ensure treasury activities support by GFS is provided on a timely basis and in accordance to the applicable policies, standards and guidelines. Provide instructions to GFS for execution of treasury activities and perform final review on GFS outputs and be accountable for all the deliverables. Monitor GFS service levels/KPI monthly.
- Assist in daily cash forecasting & “zero functional cash” management, annual cash budgeting, determination of dividend amounts and the associated AAMP approvals.
- Develop and recommend areas for enhancements and improvements for the current systems and processes to meet the challenges and needs of stakeholders. Participate in projects for any development, design, and implementation of new processes, controls, and functionality changes to existing systems and processes.
- Assist in management of outsourced services providers on Operations and IT
- University Degree in Accountancy
- Internationally Recognized Accounting Qualification (ACCA, etc)
- 8 + Years finance functions including reporting and analysis in a multi-national Financial Institution, and/or accounting and auditing experiences in a big-size accounting firm
- 3 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position
- Experience in insurance industry or asset management company is a must
Specific Business Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and principles
- Good knowledge in the preparation of management, financial and regulatory reports and analysis
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Knowledge of how the SAP Accounting System and Business Intelligence System work and designed, and familiar with using the systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with local and group personnel at various levels.
- Good mentoring, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification, Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)|