- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- Life Insurance
- Product Development
Senior Manager, Actuarial Audit
Location: Hong Kong, HK
The individual will provide management and the Board with an objective, independent assessment of the internal control systems through the planning and execution of audit assignments of actuarial and related business processes across AIA Group. The individual will also add value to management by providing appropriate business-oriented recommendations. He/she will assist the Head of Actuarial Audit with delivery of the overall audit plan, reporting to committees and management, and supervising and developing the team.
- Help identify key risks at the local level for each entity with a focus on actuarial areas, e.g. valuation, product development and pricing, reinsurance, actuarial system considering the relevant strategies and business environment.
- Help develop the annual audit plan considering the key risks identified.
- Plan, lead and execute audits within the within the Asia Pacific region and evaluate the adequacy of controls according to established schedule and quality.
- Assist in the development of actuarial audit strategies and procedures as well as share audit practices in actuarial area.
- Coordinate and monitor audits being performed by regulators, external auditors (for special projects, if any), other entities’ auditors and other groups providing assurance. Partner with internal audit colleagues in integrated audits where appropriate.
- Review or prepare audit reports and lead discussion of issues and remedial action plans with the appropriate levels of management.
- Facilitate issuance of audit reports to management.
- Follow-up outstanding audit issues and monitor timely completion of agreed remedial actions by management.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the team through coaching, training and providing timely feedback to junior staff.
- Assist in evaluating whether the team has adequate human resources, technical expertise and proficiency to cover the annual audit plan.
- Review and co-ordinate the work of the team members and ensure that the working papers, draft audit reports and other deliverables meet internal standards and assignments are completed within budgeted time.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in training, mentoring and evaluating staff, and taking corrective actions to address performance issues.
- Liaise with the control community and other members of the company to contribute to the implementation of an effective and efficient system of internal control.
- Develop rapport with business unit management through regular communication of changes in business operations, emerging risks and potential issues, etc.
- Provide professional advice and insights to management to enable informed management decisions.
- Take the initiative in improving self through classroom and on-the-job trainings.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by the Head of Actuarial Audit in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- University graduates of Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum ten years of actuarial, life insurance or other relevant experience
- Prior audit experience is an asset
- A relevant professional qualification such as Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or equivalent
- Strong understanding of insurance and legislative/regulatory requirements
- Knowledge with audit tools and other software such as ACL (data analytic tools), Prophet (Actuarial Software), intermediate knowledge on IT
- Good command of both oral and written English
- Good team player who is committed to achieve results
- Ability to work under pressure and meet milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and multi-task
- Willing to travel across the regions
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Qualification||Associate, Society of Actuaries (ASA)|