- Data Management
- Economic Capital
- Financial Reporting
- Project Management
- US GAAP
Senior Actuarial Manager/ Actuarial Manager, Modelling
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Reporting to the Associate Director of Strategic Actuarial Project, responsible for leading the modeling function of the actuarial department in the design, development and implementation of actuarial modelling platform. Supporting management on cross base actuarial exercises and projects as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Digitalization of actuarial team
- Leverages next generation technology and digital solutions to improve actuarial workflows and processes to enhance efficiency to accelerate strategic objectives
- Derives insights and foresights across the actuarial value chain from advanced data analytic
Actuarial model development and data management
- Collaborates with Actuarial, ASSC, Group Office and other internal departments to support the development and maintenance of the Prophet modeling platform for AIA HK Individual Life business.
- Establishes a cycle of feedback and collaboration to continuously improve models and their impact on business decisions.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate corporate governance, controls and documentation policies/procedures.
- Supports compliance with emerging Enterprise and regulatory standards and guidelines for Actuarial models.
- Identifies and recommends solutions for inconsistencies or inadequacies that will facilitate more effective modeling and analytics.
- Presents model results including validation and documentation and makes recommendations on future updates.
- Centralizes and strengthens actuarial data management for corporate actuarial work
- Develops center of excellence in actuarial modelling
Supports management to lead, coordinate, and review result on cross bases actuarial exercise. Takes on actuarial projects as required
Unfolds team capacity in order to be more dynamic, insightful and influential
- Coaches and develops team members
- Fosters innovation and empowers team member to take challenge and facilitate growth
- University / College graduate plus at least 8 years of relevant experience (at least 5 years for Manager position)
- Attained Fellowship in Actuarial professional examination
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office and Prophet
- Solid experience and knowledge in insurance product and corporate actuarial work. Experience and knowledge in IFRS/USGAAP, embedded value, HKICO basis, economic capital is an asset
- Good leadership, people, project management and communication skill. Able to communicate complex actuarial matter to non-actuarial stakeholder is an asset.
- Experience in leading complex and cross function / team project is an asset
- Good written and verbal English skill. Good written and verbal Chinese skill is an advantage
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|