- Cost Management
- Management Reporting
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Portfolio Management
- Product Development
- Quality Assurance
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Use your specialist actuarial and pricing expertise to assist local territory teams and multi-national pooling team to implement new initiatives and overcome obstacles in pursuit of Corporate Solutions business goals
This role has 5 areas of responsibility, 4 being related to business and 1 related to personal development.
- Increase VONB
- Pricing review and approval of MNC (referred by local teams)
- Prepare pricing quotations for jumbo and non-standard group insurance offers referred by local teams, where circumstances require
- Pricing recommendation and illustration for AABN pooling
- Work with or advice local team in Product Development for both employee benefits and voluntary solutions
- Work with or advice local team in Pricing Strategy, and if/where necessary Strategic Marketing (eg segmentation analysis, agency campaign)
- Margin Enhancement
- Work with or advice local team on Pricing Assumptions such as Manual Rate Review, Medical trend, IBNR/Claim lag
- Raise Underwriting Standard through Project Master or equivalent: Provide training via Webinar, annual Workshop and on-site training. Implement and monitor Underwriter Accreditation in local teams
- Conduct Peer Review and Quality Assurance Check to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in underwriting process
- Work with Group Healthcare and local if/where necessary on Medical Cost Management initiatives
- Enhance pricing methodology using more advanced practices (such as predictive analytics, correlated variables)
- Portfolio Management and Experience Analysis through review of MAPA, Byline and other relevant reports or data extractions, and providing insights recommendations for improvement to local teams
- Work with FBM to create or update Guidance Notes and Best Practice guidelines (such as Cost of Guarantee, Credibility Factor, LER costing)
- Financial Review & Reporting
- If/where necessary, provide advice or information for Strategic Plans,
- Enhance GCS management reporting to cater for needs of various parties (eg MNC, Voluntary Solutions / Vitality, broker), with the objective to such reports being dynamic, timely, frequent, useful and centralized
- Responsible for AABN reserves, VONB/EV and other ad-hoc actuarial reporting
- Operational Efficiency
- Work with local team to design, create and enhance client claims reporting template
- Review underwriting process of local team (on-site or off-site). Work with local on initiatives to improve quotation quality TAT
- Personal Development
- Pursue professional qualification
- Attend at least 2 HR training per year
Minimum 4 years’ actuarial experience of which 2 years has been in Group Insurance-related work.
Previous experience working with multi-national pooling will be an advantage.
Student member of recognised professional body, making good progress towards qualification. Strong in Analytics. Able to strike a balance between theoretical and practical approach.
Expert in Excel.
Proficiency in the following would be an advantage:
- Excel VBA/Macro
- SQL / Microsoft Access (database)
- R and/or Python for data analytics
Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese) would be an advantage.
Proficiency in Bahasa / Thai / Tagalog would be a minor advantage.
Required to travel overseas for work purposes
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|