You may also like
Pricing & Valuation Analyst
Senior Analyst - Data Analytics
Operations Research Expert, Advanced Business Analytics
- Cost Reduction
Assurance - Data Analytics - Senior
Ernst & Young (EY)
Manager, Data Management
- Asset Allocation
- Asset Management
- Business Plans
- Corporate Communications
- Data Centre
- Financial Planning
- Quality Assurance
Manager, Data Centre Operations
Location: Hong Kong, HK
- Ensures IT service availability and minimises the Business impact of IT service outages through the effective management of the AIA retained and outsourced Data Centre operations across the AIA Group.
- Contributes to the improvement of user satisfaction with IT services by ensuring that the AIA retained and outsourced Data Centre Operations remain aligned with AIA Business needs and priorities and fit for purpose.
- Improves the overall technical and service delivery performance of the AIA retained and outsourced Data Centre operations as measured by the agreed KPIs and SLAs (for example- utilisation, availability, and response/resolution times) year on year.
- Owns the AIA Data Centre Operations strategy, policies, processes, frameworks and standards at the enterprise level.
- Ensures that the Data Centre Operations strategy, policies, processes, frameworks and standards remain fit for purpose and aligned with industry best practice.
- Responsible for the effective life-cycle management of the AIA Data Centre Operations Strategy, Policies. Processes and Standards and ensuring that these remain fit for purpose and meet AIA business needs.
- Leads the Data Centre Operations function providing leadership and direction to retained teams and the service suppliers.
- Ensures that the Data Centre Operations functions across AIA are properly resourced with sufficient numbers of skilled staff to carry out the functional activities appropriately and effectively.
- Owns the development and implementation of the Data Centre Operations Business Plan.
- Contributes to impact assessments and the approval of new investment initiatives, including reviewing new business proposals and providing specialist advice relating to the AIA retained and outsourced Data Centre Operations.
- Participates in the Data Centre Operations related governance forums ensures Data Centre Operations are effective and efficient.
- Acts as a Level 3 resolver group SME for Data Centre Operations if needed.
- Owns the relevant aspects of the service catalogue content relating to Data Centre Operations solutions deployed.
- Participates in the evaluation of project outputs against agreed acceptance criteria and technology standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the specification of business requirements and the scoping and design of Data Centre Operations solutions for change initiatives.
- Reviews new Data Centre Operations solution proposals and provides specialist advice on technology and performance issues.
- Provides subject matter expertise as input to the service continuity planning process and support the implementation of the resulting service continuity plans.
- Ensures the Data Centre Operations activities are delivered in accordance with agreed service levels, Key Performance Indicators and quality standards.
- Monitors delivery progress against targets, reporting as necessary and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to address exceptions and variations
- Ensures that the financial controls and financial management practices deployed comply with Group Financial Management policies and procedures.
- Budget Responsibility- Monitors and manages IT expenditure within the function, ensuring that related IT financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure may exceed agreed tolerances.
- Responsibe for Financial planning and forecasting for the function.
- Monitors and reports financial performance for the function as required.
- Works with AIA Business Units and partner organisations to offer Data Centre Operations leadership and assurance services as requested.
- Works with AIA Business Units and suppliers to ensure the Data Centre Operations solutions are fit for purpose and implemented effectively
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of how Data Centre Operations solutions are deployed across AIA and exploited for business value (including a good working knowledge of the associated business rules), including maintaining detailed architectural diagrams and descriptions.
- Provides a Data Centre Operations architectural advisory service engaging with project managers or Infrastructure Change teams, to ensure viable Data Centre Operations solutions are specified, designed and implemented, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Always looking for ways to innovate and exploit new technologies to enhance business efficiency, speed to market and add business value.
- Monitors the IT market place (independently or via AIA’s partner organisations and service suppliers) to identify new technology innovations and developments for Data Centre Operations, and assess if these could be usefully deployed/exploited within AIA to deliver business benefit.
- Works with AIA business stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in services and service levels within risk and cost constraints.
- Supports the implementation of the Innovations Roadmap for AIA’s retained and outsourced Data Centres and the scoping of service improvement and innovation initiatives.
- Foster a continuous improvements and innovation culture within the Data Centre Operations functions.
- Develop and maintain the long-range development plan for the Technology Operations function within AIA.
- Champion for the deployment of best practice across AIA.
- Initiates improvement in Data Centre Operations services, products, technologies and processes.
- Ensures that AIA and its suppliers comply and adhere with industry standards and best practice in relation to Data Centre Operations.
- Provides a quality assurance function for the Data Centre Operations solutions deployed within AIA, and any changes to those solutions.
- Is able to understand, explain and present Data Centre Operations solutions to stakeholders in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Provides technology related advice and guidance to AIA stakeholders and ensures that stakeholders understand the current and proposed Data Centre Operations and how these can be exploited for business value.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding business priorities.
- Negotiates with suppliers at senior level in relation to the AIA retained and sourced Data Centre Operations.
- Initiates procedures to improve relationships and open communications with and between key AIA Stakeholders and supplier stakeholders.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in which at least 5 years in managerial position with regional coverage;
- Hands on experience on position related technical components;
- Experience in work with and monitor suppliers’ performance in an outsourced environment,
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|