Investment Analyst (Middle Office)
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Responsible for all matters relating to the department’s OPAT budget and to provide timely and relevant investment performance analytics service to front office, so as to help the department to achieve optimal risk-adjusted returns. Also, promote the best practices in term of performance measurement and risk management in order to meet with industry standard.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supporting non-standard performance analytics information request
- AIA HK Wealth Preserver Mix by Issuer and GEMS database generation
- Quarterly Management Report (MOST template)
- Customized performance report with capital gain/dividend return breakdown
- Weekly performance report, attribution analysis
Acting as contact point of local risk monitoring/management for all asset classes
- Act as local contact point of Investment Risk Operations
- Perform independent control function and promote of risk conscious culture locally
- Practice First-Line Investment Risk Operational Framework (FL-IROF) with reference to each Front Office (FO) strategy and product range, ensuring risk taking is aligned with the risk appetite of AIA Group.
- Ensure parameters (e.g. universe, benchmark, collateral, assumption, and etc.) used for all risk measurements are updated and inform Group MO for any changes in a timely manner.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative support for FO to manage investment risk and answer ad-hoc requests, activities such as risk budgeting, hedge effectiveness, and scenario analysis – on Equities, Credits and Derivatives.
- Be the key liaison between Local FO, Local Risk, and Group Middle Office (MO).
- Follow the escalation policy – ensure right people are alerted at the right time with proper documentation.
Providing country-specific management reporting to local teams
- Support reporting requirement for all designated meetings such as Investment Committee Meeting, etc.
- Handle annual OPAT Budget preparation (including coordinating with portfolio managers for projected total return/yields) and provide explanation on variances from budget on monthly basis
- Weekly Strategic Asset Allocation /Tactical Asset Allocation reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of local investment risk pack to fulfil local risk department requirement
Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet the department requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in Finance and Accounting disciplines with 7+ years of relevant experiences in global financial institutions
- Professional certifications are preferred (e.g. CFA, CIPM, FRM etc.)
- In-depth knowledge and experience on performance analytics, investment analysis, risk management and accounting standards
- Be able to work independently, multitasking and a good team player
- Strong in Excel
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications no longer than 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.
- AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification
- Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Certified International Project Manager (CIPM)
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder
- Asset Allocation
- Investment Analysis
- Management Reporting
- Microsoft Excel
- Risk Management