- Economic Capital
- Financial Risk
- Risk Management
- Stress testing
Associate Director, Strategic Risk
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Working closely with the Head of Strategic Risk, as well as with the Head of Group Risk and his other direct reports, you will be responsible to develop and execute activities that allow AIA Group to achieve its strategic objectives, including but not limited to perform its own risk and solvency assessments on a continuous basis and ensuring group-wide implementation of risk appetite framework.
Executing this mandate involves working in a close partnership with Finance teams (e.g., Group Capital Management, Finance’s business partners, Group Actuarial), Investments teams (e.g., Chief Economist) and Group Strategy to perform holistic forward-looking risk and solvency assessments and to derive operational conclusions from these analyses. You will also work closely with local Risk, Finance and commercial teams to support them in conducting their local risk and solvency assessments and identifying potential business actions deriving from these local analyses.
Acting as a deep financial and insurance risk subject matter expert, covering risks on both the asset and liability side of AIA’s business, you will be involved in business planning. You will also proactively shape solutions to ensure that AIA’s risks are well understood and prudently managed in support of the Group’s strategy. You are expected to provide insightful opinions to help drive the direction of business initiatives and influence the final outcomes.
- Own Risk Solvency Assessment
- Risk Appetite Statement & Tolerances
- Stress Testing
- Capital & funding
- Reporting & analyses (Financial Risk Committee pack)
- Provide risk oversight, challenge and analytical insights for the Group and business units over all risk-taking activities, through consistent identification, measurement and application of financial risk metrics that are consistent with the Group’s Risk Appetite and regulatory constraints
- Primary accountability for the development, maintenance, and monitoring of the Group’s Risk Appetite Statement, principles and tolerances for the Group
- Lead the development and performance of business continuity analysis, business failure analysis (e.g. reverse stress testing) and maintain a recovery plan for managing severe adverse situations.
- Support and provide input to the SRM team for the successful implementation of the annual Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (“ORSA”) or its equivalence for AIA Group, AIA Company Limited and AIA International Limited
- Develop to become a key contact for Group Finance and Group Strategy teams, with a focus on providing tangible guidance to the business and ensuring issues are fully identified and properly mitigated with appropriate action plans/closures
- Proactively steer strong awareness of key risks and emerging trends to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote a strong risk culture environment
- Lead and participate in financial risk-related ad-hoc projects based on senior management requests or external developments
- Apply the Group stress testing framework and economic capital framework to monitor the Group’s solvency and financial strength both on an actual and prospective basis.
- Assist and provide insights to the team and wider Group Risk in implementing Insurance Authority’s Group-wide Supervision guidelines and requirements, including enhanced enterprise risk management standards and economic capital framework.
- Master’s degree in Finance and/or related area. Fellow of a recognized Actuarial society is preferred.
- 12+ years of insurance, investment or finance experience within a large scale financial services environment
- Proven track record of initiating policy and control improvement and driving programs that enhance transparency, governance or control
- Expert analysis and decision-making skills
- Proactive, driven leader with the ability to operate effectively from the conceptual stage through to successful implementation
- Strong influencing and interpersonal relationship skills to build networks across the organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including developing clear and succinct presentation material. Ability to communicate effectively up, down, and across the organization. Ability to articulate complex information in a compelling and succinct manner
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|