You may also like
Specialist II (Architecture & Project Governance Office)
Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited
- Project Management
Core Business Services – Legal – Legal Counsel (Greater China)
Ernst & Young (EY)
- Legal Advice
LEGAL SECRETARY / commercial litigation – legal / law / solicitor firm/5 days work / Central District
- Chinese Word Processing
Anticipated Openings for CIB – Investment Banking Analyst / Associate – China Team
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Deal Origination
Chief Investment Counselor (Fund Management & Alternative Investment Team)
Bank of China
- Alternative Investments
- Contract Negotiation
- Legal Advice
- Project Management
Associate Director, Legal & Governance (Investment Team)
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Provide Legal, Governance and Company Secretarial counsel and support to the Investment Team
Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure legal infrastructure in place is adequately maintained so as to meet the legal needs of the Investment Team
- Overseeing all legal requirements for the Investment Team within the AIA Investment Governance Framework
- Provide legal advice and support for intercompany, vendor and counterparty relationships
- Maintenance of the Investment Team’s Policies within AIA Investment Governance Framework
- Offer legal advice as appropriate to senior management and serve as trusted counsel
- Ensure proper documentation contractual relationships
Together with Compliance, ensure constructive relationships with the relevant regulators based on clear communication, mutual understanding, and respect for regulators' objectives.
- Update management on any new laws regulations in Hong Kong that may affect the conduct of the Investment Team
- Ensuring productive relationships with the relevant regulator
- Supporting Compliance team in their BAU interactions with regulators.
Contract Negotiation and Maintenance
Managing overall legal risk position by ensuring that contracts reflect best practice and building an appropriate framework of processes and associated documentation to measure risk within the AIA Investment Governance Framework. Ensuring maximum understanding of, and compliance with, any regulatory requirements at all levels within the business.
- Draft and negotiate agreements to ensure the full legal rights
- Managing Investment Contract Negotiations
- Managing Supplier Contract and Service Level Agreement Negotiations
External Counsel Management
Manage existing outside counsel, and if necessary, select any new counsel in coordination with the Hong Kong General Counsel.
Corporate Secretarial and Board Support
Manage all board meetings, including meeting logistics, recording minutes and managing the preparation of documentation and reporting on board actions.
- Assist first line colleagues in developing and maintaining their own policies.
- Responsible for governance training and education of investment professionals.
- Leading interface between first line and second line functions in relation to governance issues.
- Qualified solicitor in common law jurisdiction
- 7 years working experience - professional firms and/or in-house legal
- Both Firm, in-house and compliance experience a plus
- Project Management and Co Sec experience a plus
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to deal with and handle multiple and changing priorities
- Good work attitude and ability to work as a larger team
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework applicable to financial services useful
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|