- Corporate Communications
- Financial Analysis
- Product Development
Associate Director, Group Insurance Product, Pricing & Finance
Location: Hong Kong, HK
- Use your specialist on group insurance product and pricing expertise to assist territory actuarial and business teams to implement new initiatives and overcome obstacles in pursuit of group insurance business goals
- Act as the regional underwriting head for MNC and pooling accounts to achieve both production and profitability target
- Lead the finance resource of GCS and accountable for driving significantly greater value for AIA through (1) optimization of VONB and OPAT (2) innovation aligned with GCS strategy and (3) maximization of the value created by HealthCare projects.
- Develop and maintain a centre of excellence within GCS providing practical support and direction in areas of finance, product marketing and strategy.
- Gain the excellence understanding of the contribution from each GCS and CS function to deliver strategic financial analysis to the business model
- Review and act as the final control on pricing for selected MNC and pooling clients.
- Responsible for the financial result of AABN
- Prepare price quotations for jumbo and non-standard group insurance offers referred by local teams
- Actively participate in the group pricing review cycle of assigned territories, assisting on necessary steps if/when required.
- Perform case reviews to ensure that quality standards of pricing are maintained and training opportunities identified.
- Where gaps in local expertise exist (either in the quotation team or product development), train local actuaries and quotation staff to fill those gaps.
- Comply with all relevant governance and actively contribute to the maintenance and development of practical and effective governance standards for group insurance quotes and pricing (both in local teams and in Group Office).
- Compile centralized reports across multiple territories (as required) and advise on interpretation of the results
- Support GCS CEO to oversee organizational reviews, communicate to EXCOs
- Create business reviews that can concisely provide insights to GCS team
- Develop new metrics that ensure our strategic initiatives continue to deliver
- Support GCS CEO and CS heads in financial management; optimizing VONB and OPAT; identifying margin enhancement opportunities and meeting financial objectives.
- Collect, report and set agreement of KPIs including establishment of any necessary processes
- Manage research projects from inception to completion – both qualitative and quantitative
- Have integrated (brand, multichannel, digital) strategy experience
- Expense management for GCS department
- Annual planning and budgeting exercise for GCS
- Provide product development guidance and review to local actuaries where circumstances require.
- Assist CS and GCS management to optimize VONB through assumption peer reviews and identifying margin enhancement opportunities
- Minimum 8 years’ actuarial experience of which 4 years has been in Group Insurance-related work
- Fellowship in a recognized international actuarial professional body
- Self-motivated and customer orientated
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Awareness of commercial and competitive environment
- Strong leadership including staff coaching skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Persuading and influencing skills
- Time management skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Preference for proficiency in both spoken and written Chinese and English
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|