- Customer Service
- Life Insurance
Assistant Manager, Group Medical Underwriting
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Monitors and manages daily CS underwriting processes, new business, people and system to ensure consistency of underwriting decisions are in compliance to the company’s operation rules in achieve quality business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Underwrites large amounts and complicated new business application within agreed turnaround time and reviews suggest cases from underwriters in order to ensure the underwriting decision complied with company’s rules and guidelines.
- Liaises with IT and OBS for system enhancement to enhance the system automation and develops sufficient validation rules in order to improve the efficiency on underwriting and minimize the manual works.
- Organises and conducts training to staff in Underwriting, POS, Claims, Operations Service Centres, Share Service Office in Malaysia and agency force, etc in order to support development and enhance competency levels & performance.
- Handles daily email & telephone enquiries from agencies and internal departments like Servicing Department, Call Centre, Customer Service Department, Sales Channel etc and follow up appeal cases with fair and just but flexible approaches in order to deliver quality customer service.
- Monitors and manages daily underwriting processes to streamline the work flow and conducts regular audit in order to shorten the turnaround time and improve the accuracy and consistency.
- University / College graduate plus 5 years experience with 2 years in supervisory level OR
- Form 5 graduate plus 6-8 years related experience
- Underwriting knowledge in a life insurance company
- Problem solving and communication skills to effectively underwriting risks to underwriters and other touch points
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification|