- Asset Allocation
- Asset Liability Management
- Balance Sheets
- Cash Flow Management
- Economic Capital
- Investment Management
- Microsoft Access
- Risk Analysis
Assistant Manager, Capital Management
Location: Hong Kong, HK
This position plays a key role in supporting the asset-liability management initiatives for a leading insurance company in the region. With a focus on managing the market and credit risks of the balance sheet, you will join an exciting journey in participating in high-profile ALM projects and be cultivated with advanced ALM practices.
- Assist the development, implementation and monitoring of ALM initiatives to meet the business needs and optimize the risk-adjusted return, which include,
- Dynamic asset allocation strategies and derivatives hedging programmes
- Strategic asset allocation
- In supporting the initiatives, you will be participated in,
- Prepare valuation models and analyse results to ensure the relevant concepts and methodologies are correctly applied.
- Access and monitor the effectiveness of hedging programmes and identify the residual risks.
- Review ALM solutions from banks.
- Support the preparation of investment mandate.
- Identify capital efficient assets under regulatory and economic regimes, perform cashflow and duration analytics and optimize the strategy asset allocation.
- Perform analytics on alternative assets.
- Prepare presentation materials for the communication to senior management.
- Support Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or Mathematics.
- ASA/FSA/CFA/FRM/CQF are preferred but not necessary.
- 4+ years of experience in insurance or financial industry.
- Actuarial experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in derivatives modelling and risk analysis, and familiarity with the investment markets and have a good understanding of finance, accounting, investment, and insurance principles and practices.
- Experience or knowledge of some of regulatory and economic capital metrics, investment management for participating business, derivatives, liability management and hedging strategies.
- Experience in Bloomberg.
- Strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong business acumen, highly motivated and results driven.
- Collaborative and proactive team player, with ability to work constructively with colleagues.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification, Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM), CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder, Fellow, Society of Actuaries (FSA)|