- Project Management
- Quality Control
Sr Civil Engineer / Associate, Building Engineering (Roads & Drainage)
Location: Hong Kong
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM had revenue of $18.2 billion during fiscal year 2017. See how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are looking for high caliber professional to join our Hong Kong Business in Building Engineering. To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Demonstrated experience working on Road and Pavement Design, External Drainage Design (Water, Sewerage and Drainage), preferably with Private and Public Building projects.
- Experience with projects from Architectural Services Department, Highways Department and Buildings Department is an advantage.
- Undertake project-coordination with engineering schemes from feasibility through to detailed design.
- Liaise with Government Authority such as Buildings Department, Architectural Services Department, Highways Department and CEDD.
- Client liaison and the production of tenders, including quality documentation and costings.
- Project Management including program and resource monitoring, quality control, technical management and delivery.
- Lead the local office team with accountability for project performance, utilisation, training and bidding.
- Effectively undertake project and team activities in line with company policy, including commercial, managerial, financial and technical aspects.
- Provide leadership and management of staff and ensure effective communication of business issues to all direct reporting staffs.
- Be creative and understand the architectural and client drivers.
- Supervise junior engineers in terms of work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in design and/or supervision of Road/Drainage Design. Candidates with less experience and qualification may be considered for a Project Engineer or Engineer position.
- Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
- Significant experience leading project teams, including major project multidisciplinary teams, developing road and drainage from initial concept through to detailed design for implementation.
- The role will suit a self-motivated individual looking to lead teams and to advance their career both technically and in project management in a dynamic team with Design Engineers and Technicians.
- Previous exposures with clients of both private and public sectors, together with major contractors.
- Good understanding of local authorities’ procedures and requirements.
- Strong oral and writing abilities in both Chinese (Cantonese and/or Putonghua) and English.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|