Resident Engineer, Structural
Location: Hong Kong
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM had revenue of $18.2 billion during fiscal year 2017. See how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
- Accountable to the RSE/RGE for implementing the RSE/RGE’s supervision
- Act as the RSE/RGE T5 and RSE/RGE’s Representative on site;
- Take overall responsibility to check if the safety measures on site meet with requirements of supervision plans;
- Accountable to the RSE/RGE for the satisfactory execution of the specific tasks, and for responsibilities of the junior TCPs including checking of the essential items for specified tasks;
- Carry out specific tasks as per requirements and checklist devised from RSE/RGE;
- Coordinate and compile reports on supervision activities including reports on non-conformities, to deal with non-conformities, and to report to RSE/RGE;
- Checking that the works comply with the approved plans, method statements, precautionary and protective measures;
- Review Contractor’s submissions;
- Monitor the work of the Registered Contractor’s TCPs;
- Acting as the office-in-charge of the RE office and supervise the Assistant Resident Engineers;
- Represent AECOM to attend the site meetings and project meetings, and
- Assist and coordinate with the design office for all site works/matters.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering;
- MHKIE or equivalent and RPE under RSE or RGE stream;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in design and/or site supervision of building foundation, basement excavation and construction, and structural works;
- Ability to coordinate with other parties in the construction site environment;
- Ability to lead the site office and supervise the site team;
- Experience and awareness in contractual issues in construction, and
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Cantonese are required.
To apply for the position, please submit full CV, academic and professional certifications, reference letters, and current and expected salary.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Member, Hong Kong Institute of Engineers (HKIE)|