- Software Engineering
Resident Engineer, Structural
Job SummaryWe deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are recruiting self-motivated, proactive and high caliber individuals who will be seconded to work with our private site clients. Appointment will be made under a one-year contract term, which may be renewed for a period to be determined before the completion of the current employment contract.
- Analyzing configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- Calculating the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Examining structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- Investigating ground conditions and analysing results of site tests, such as soil samples;
- Liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- Applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Using computers and computer-aided design (cad) technology for simulation purposes.
- RPE with 5 to 10 years experience in design and/or supervision of building foundation, basement excavation and construction, and structural works.
- Good personal effectiveness; ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good IT skills including business and engineering software applications.
- Strong interest in working on large-scale projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin required.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Building / Civil / Structural Engineering.
- MHIE or equivalent
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|