Service Design Director FJORD
Location: Hong Kong
- Collaborate with the Resourcing lead and other Directors to structure project work, plan and execute client proposals and pitches, and take responsibility for quality of service design and successful delivery of service design work.
- Lead the early stages of approach and proposal creation, such as leading brainstorms or user-focused offerings.
- Consistently demonstrate unconventional and brilliant thinking.
- Introduce alternative approaches and methods.
- Provide and readily receive ‘critical’ feedback.
- Convert feedback and relish balancing multiple, sometimes conflicting, inputs when arriving at a final design.
- Digital brand definition / expression
- Information architecture, interface/interaction design.
- Visual Design Language
- Asset production
- Production Guides
- Prototyping & Development support
- At least 10 + years relevant industry experience.
- Prior experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints.
- Proficient in relevant software packages and service design methods.
- The Design Director has an in-depth knowledge and experience of product and service design, complex experience ecosystems coupled with strong design strategy acumen, and a deep knowledge of delivery platforms, cutting edge technology developments and the marketplace.
- The Design Director has a key role in ensuring the highest level of innovation and creativity for the concepts and user interfaces created.
- Good understanding of visual design, interaction design and various technology platforms.
- Lead experience design projects and pitches as well as provide inspiring and credible direction to other designers. They can interpret client and consumer needs, effectively communicate and present design concepts and possess a good commercial awareness.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence.
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written English and highly preferably Chinese as well.
- Able to demonstrate initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
Client Facing :
- Quickly establish relationships with key stakeholders clients.
- Articulate the story and vision effectively with client and key stakeholders and to act as primary contact when independently leading projects.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and consider contingency plans.
- Spot new business opportunities.
Team Facing :
- Effectively and rapidly define and communicate project expectations to team members.
- Lead and coordinate the work of a project team either independently or in conjunction with the Group Design Director.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Engage with and direct freelancers and staff from other Fjord offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
- Identify and resolve or escalate issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Engage and partner with external experts and service providers, as and when required.
- Product Design
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Management